Monday, April 14, 2008

Sydney's "New" Rocking Chair

My grandparents gave me a rocking chair for Christmas when I was 1 1/2 years old. My Grandpa Bob actually made the chair and he must have done a really good job since it has survived all these years. It was really neat to be able to give the chair to Sydney a couple weeks ago. She was so excited! She sat right down and rocked as hard and fast as she could, all the while saying, "You got me a new rocking chair?...thank you, Mommy, thank you!" I told her that Grandpa Bob had made the chair for me when I was a little girl and showed her where my name was on the chair. She looked at me and said, "It says Jamie, but it is Sydney's chair...Grandpa Bob gave it to me...thank you, Grandpa Bob!" She still doesn't accept that the chair used to be mine...she just shows HER new rocking chair to everyone that comes over.

1 comment:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

How sweet! I too have a rocking chair that was mine when I was little and I've passed it down to Landon. Very special!