Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sydney

My sweet little girl is going to be FOUR on March 16th! Time sure flies when you're really busy (and having fun). The following quotes are directly from Sydney...things she has been asking and saying lately...

-"After I'm four, do I get to wear a bra?"

-"I like my curly hair, Mommy. When I get really big like you, will my hair look like yours? I don't want my hair to look like yours Mommy."

-"Sam's not in charge, right Mommy?" No, he's not. "See Sam! I'm in charge, not you!"

-In response to my asking what she was doing..."Oh, I'm just beating up my little brother. It's ok."

-"Daddies go to work...Mommies stay home and babysit." I responded that my job was to take care of her, her brother and Daddy. "But you don't bring home any money for my piggy bank and you don't work in an office, so you don't work."

-"Mommy, can you put Sam back in your tummy? I think he'll still fit."

-"Mommy, I'm not going to be a ballerina when I grow up any more...it hurts too much to put my hair in a bun. But, I'm still gonna marry Austin and have babies after I go to college."

-"Daddies have hair on their face...Mommies just have skin and some boo-boos." (referring to acne)

-John asked Sydney, "You think you know everything, don't you?" Sydney's answer, "Yes."

-"Mommy, I want to have a Disney Princess birthday party. And it has to be a Disney Princess party, not just a regular princess party."

-"Mommy, why is Jesus always walking across the road?" (referring to the local East Indian men in their flowing garments and long beards) "Isn't Jesus in our hearts? How did he get out?"

-"Mommy, my bottom hurts, can you kiss it?"

-After I served her mac n cheese for lunch, she said, "Mommy, this isn't healthy food for me...I think you better give me some chicken dinosaurs or french fries instead."

-"Poop!" (then falls to the ground in a fit of laughter)

-Her general responses to the question, "Why did you do that?" are "Because I wanted to" or "Because I like to."

1 comment:

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Too cute! Tim and I both laughed out loud!!! She sure is a crack-up...like someone else I know. :) Love it and I'm so glad you blogged it! See you Sunday!